Full Time, Permanent
Negotiable dependent on experience.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our clients
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our clients. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our clients install applications and programs, as well as pro-actively manage our clients organisations through our industry leading tools.
Technical Support Engineer responsibilities include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. You will use email and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
To be qualified for this role, you should hold a degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering. Microsoft, Cisco, Linux or similar certification is a plus. If you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with computer issues and are able to explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will be a person our clients trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
- Troubleshooting: Specialists troubleshoot systems to determine technical issues.
- Installation: Customers often seek assistance in technology installation and configuration.
- Communicating: An IT specialist must develop strong communication networks to best assist customers.
- Maintenance: Maintaining technology networks and systems is a primary role of an IT specialist.
- Evaluation: When talking to customers, an IT specialist must be able to determine the issue and evaluate the best way to resolve it.
- Instructing: IT specialists must instruct customers on how to perform technological maintenance.
- Management: To remain efficient, a specialist must manage time and prioritise IT issues.
- Responding: An IT specialist must respond to customer concerns.
- Support: No matter the customer’s need, an IT specialist must address the need through technical support and instruction.
- Monitoring: Businesses often hire IT support specialists to monitor technology and ensure its efficiency.